Total Pageviews

Wednesday, October 15, 2014

R.I.P., David Earl Simmons (R8 Re-Post)

R.I.P., David Earl Simmons
Saturday, June 4th, 2011 was a very emotional day for my extended family and I.
On this day, we laid my brother, David Earl Simmons, known to our community as "Big D", to rest.
Big D
Here is the funeral program: http://www.honoryou.com/programs/PDF/110604ds.pdf
I would like to extend a personal note of thanks to his many co-workers and members of management who came by to offer their condolences and to extend their good wishes to my family and I at our loss...but what I witnessed was that we were not the only ones affected by his passing. It seemed that his entire office came to pay their respects, and for that - I thank you all.
To the partners at Wilentz, Goldman & Spitzer - you fellas are tops in my book.
To the staff at MCS Management - what a beautiful thing you all did with your presence...it truly warmed our hearts to see all of you show up and to hear you extol your praises.
Thanks to all involved for the beautiful floral arrangements.
To my extended family - let's make an effort to keep in touch under more pleasant circumstances.
To Shelly, Carol, D.J., Richona, Mrs. J., Robert, Idwana, Eric, et. al., thank you for always making me feel welcome. I won't be a stranger.
To the entire staff at Cotton Funeral Service - you guys have a fantastic facility, wonderful staff, and you did a fantastic job with my brother. I really can't thank you enough for everything.
And last, but absolutely not least - Earl, thanks for getting us there and back without a hitch, and especially for taking care of Mom in her time of need. You are a gentleman and a true professional.
Mom...this is for you. Stay strong.

No comments:

Post a Comment