Total Pageviews

Tuesday, April 2, 2019

Computer Lesson #001 - Don't Just Click On Anything

I woke up one day to find a curiously titled zip file in my Downloads folder.

It was titled,"your very own naked pic is enclosed"

Say what?

How was this picture taken?

I don't go around doing nude selfies.

Aren't you curious as to what ensued?

Of course you are...

This should go without saying: if you don't have it, download CryptoPrevent.

And you're utterly insane if you don't at least have the free version of Malwarebytes. I've heard exactly one poor interaction that someone had, but I know it's the ace.My contention was that the OS was so hosed, anything further done would have been assisted tech suicide. Sort of like shooting a man whom has just jumped off of the roof as he passes your window.

Are you culpable in his death?

My specialty is making that determination.

I diagnose; I confer, and I assess.

Not a 100% record...but it's bloody close. It is above 99%, for example.

I will give you the final exam question and answer now:

Backup , backup, backup?

Backup, backup, BACKUP!

No comments:

Post a Comment